Thursday, May 14, 2020

We Can Do It!





With COVID19 consuming our world these days it sometimes seems as though this situation may never end.  I have no bright, shiny, platitudes for that. The subject has become so tiresome that I really don't know what to say other than we can do it!  We've got this people.  Yes, it's getting old.  And yes, we all want our lives to get back to normal.  And, as I've said before, there are some lovely silver linings in all of this.  But that doesn't change the fact that we are growing tired of all things COVID.  

In the whole scheme of things, we have it pretty good.  Things could be worse (and I'm ever thankful they're not).  Regardless, I hope to continue to maintain a positive attitude.  I am determined to keep finding ways to make the best of an unfortunate situation.  And as I think about this poster (not mine... the original one intended to bolster the spirits of those who were enduring the hardships of their time) I think about the resiliency of humankind. 

We can learn a lot from Rosie the Riveter.  She was a cultural icon of the World War II era.  Not only did she represent strength and resilience, but she also represented an idea; the idea that, while things had changed, our country could, and would bounce back.  And with ingenuity and determination, we will too.  And someday as we look back on this period of time I hope we will remember the good along with the not-so-good.  And above all, I pray we can learn from this and find new ways to do better for us and future generations.  


No comments:

Post a Comment