Monday, November 4, 2019

Gale Force Winds of Change

It's been some time since I've had a chance to really focus on my writing.  For years now I've dedicated my time and effort to supporting other authors to help elevate them and gain greater exposure for them and their books.  Quite a while ago I was asked to sign two of my (then) new books for representation with an agent.  I was thrilled at the opportunity, but I of all people know that writing the book is only a small part of the game when it comes to publishing.  And because I did not have time to properly devote to my new books I declined the offer to sign with this particular agent and chose to let my manuscripts simmer on the back burner.

In the meantime, through an opportunity I had while working on a literary event, I made the acquaintance of a literary agent who I have come to have a great deal of respect for both personally and professionally.  And because I have recently chosen to pare down some of my professional responsibilities in order to make more time for my writing, I find myself at a wonderful new crossroads.  I am pleased to share with you, my dear friends, that I am ready to move two of my favorite projects back on the front burner.  Having recently shuffled some of my responsibilities, I find myself with the time needed to truly devote to my literary babies.

So back to what I was saying earlier . . . I've found an agent.  In full disclosure, she's an incredibly talented agent to many talented authors, but so far, she does not represent yours-truly.  Truth be told, she does not yet even know she's my intended agent.  It may be a bit brazen for me to make this announcement, but I believe in the power of positive thinking and I feel confident that she may be willing to represent my two most recent manuscripts.

Fingers crossed . . . I sincerely hope this is a prophetic announcement regarding my newest literary treasures.  Stay tuned.  If all goes well, I look forward to announcing some exciting new details on the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment