Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Cause for CELEBRATION - The Ruby Red Slippers Release Date Has Arrived!

Well boys and girls... that day has finally come... and gone. 

You know, that momentous day we have all been waiting for, yeah, that day.

I had somehow expected a little more pomp and circumstance, perhaps a cymbal or two.  But the day on which I received notice I could begin ordering my book, it somehow seemed as though there was more to it than just that.  So I waited. (Well, of course I placed an order of my books to start fulfilling all your pre-orders)  But other than that, I just waited.  Then today, I received a notice from my publisher stating that the release date for my book was 08/25/2010.  Hmmm... well, that day has already come and gone. 

Had I fully comprehended the magnitude of that day, I might have poured myself a glass of champagne, or done something to celebrate.   Regardless, The Ruby Red Slippers has been released!

That means, our book will soon be available for purchase through online outlets, and hopefully at a bookstore near you!!

That also means that you can request a copy of The Ruby Red Slippers at your local public and school library effective immediately.  (I'll post details on how to go about doing this at a later time).

So now we have something new to look forward to.  (This time I'll have the champagne chilling in anticipation).  - Next up - Arrival of the finished product in print. 

I'll keep you all posted!!

Best to everyone!

For more information regarding
DeeDee Fox
author and illustrator,
The Ruby Red Slippers
visit: http://www.rubyredslippers.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment